The latest Help Documentation and Software versions can be downloaded from here
You can also view the latest help documentation online here
The Help Window Title bar has several clickable icons. These provide the following functions:
Print the current Help Page.
Check for Updates on the Web.
Register your licensed copy of vuShield, (disabled if already registered).
Integrated Help Desk Interface.
vuShield Security "About" dialog window.
Please read about the vuShield Security System's Context-Sensitive Help system
The vuShield Security System provides affordable security for Home and Business with advanced features not found in other security systems. These include the following key features:
- Support for almost any PC Camera make and model.
- Programmable Recorder.
- Configurable Sensitivity grid for Motion Detection.
- Integrated Video Player able to search very large image repositories by date, (essential when reviewing large numbers of security images).
- Security Log integrated with the Video Player.
- Integrated Scheduler with support for unlimited numbers of independent schedules to control the Recorder and Security sub-systems.
- Scheduler Start and Stop notifications can be sent by SMS and/or email.
- SMS and MMS messaging of text and security images to mobile phones.
- Security alerts and images may be sent by email.
- Security images can be automatically uploaded to the internet via FTP.
- Integrated Help Desk interface for reporting problems and requesting support.
- Support for an external Start/Stop Button.
- Support for an external Siren.
- Remote Control and Configuration via the Web.
- Monitor Network for outages via Adaptor Check, PING or Web.
- Network outage alert messages can be sent by SMS and/or email.
- Proxy Server support for both HTTP and FTP protocols.
Users can read this help documentation in the conventional way as a guide, or alternatively use the vuShield Security System's unique Context-Sensitive Help system.
This Context-Sensitive Help system is designed to provide users with detailed help at any place within the application. It may be accessed by simply by clicking on the Context-Sensitive Help button in the top right-hand corner of the application's main window as shown below.
The Context-Sensitive Help mode may be turned off by clicking on the Context-Sensitive Help button one more time.
The Context-Sensitive Help mode may also be toggled by typing <SHIFT><F1> key combination at any time.
When this button is clicked the application is placed in a special context-sensitive help mode indicated by the Help-Pointer mouse cursor. Users can then click on any part of the graphical user interface that they require specific information about and a popup help window will appear as shown below.